- I spent 30 minutes warming up then 35 minutes cooling back down while waiting to start
- Apparently the overwhelming majority of the runners in the 45-49 pace group either lied or grossly overestimated their 10km time as I spent the entire 10,000m dogding through and around people
- The crowding never let up, there were so many frickin' people I couldn't even sprint for the finish
- I was only on pace for the 9th km
- Going 4:31 for the last km means I obviously did something wacko with my pacing - although my HR hit 204 at this point so this was obviously not a sustainable pace.
My pace by kilometer:
1 - 5:18
2 - 5:39
3 - 5:36
4 - 5:11
5&6 - 10:22
7 - 5:06
8 - 5:03
9 - 4:58
10 - 4:31
Overall time 51:46.
Despit the above rant, I'm not as frustrated as I would have expected at missing my goal, I'm trying to figure out the take-away lessons from this. I'll work through that on my ride home (this is posted from work [conveniently located 1 block for the start line] while I chow down on a bagel and coffee).