Monday, February 16, 2009

20/20

I haven't aged a bit! At least my eyes haven't changed in the last five years. I visited the eye doctor this afternoon to find that out. I also got the drops that made my pupils dilate so I looked like I'd just dropped acid. Fun stuff.


Tomorrow the excitement continues - the dentist!

Somewhere along the line I decided that mid-February was a good time for appointments and this week is full. Thursday is a (desparately needed) hair appointment and I'm worried that there is some other appointment I had to book three months in advance that I've forgotten about.
Aside from Thursday's run at least the week long appointment-aganza isn't going to affect my training. I did a spin tonight and tomorrow should have no problem with a post dental strength workout.
Interuptions aside, training is going well, I'm in a rhythm and am enjoying myself. As I've mentioned before, I'm loving the longer swim sessions. Yesterday we did a crazy version of a distance swim - worked in pairs drafting of each other and every 100m switched the lead and, just to make sure we didn't get complacent, every 100m (when we weren't switching) we did a 12.5m sprint. Confused? So were we. But it was great to swim 1500m (mostly) continuously.

My legs were a bit tired after the swim, on the run afterwards I tripped and did my group running free fall for the year. Glad to get it out of the way early. Seriously, I've done a spectacular layout dive while running with the club once a year since joining the club. Luckily the only damage was to my $0.99 stretchy gloves, my tights, running jacket and um, oh yeah, me were all okay. I may have never laid out for a disc when playing ultimate but at least all the practice taught me how to fall.

No comments: