Saturday, May 30, 2009

Random Ride Reflections

  • I'm not used to leaving the house at 7 for ride. Actually, I'm not used to leaving at 6:50am for a ride, which is likely why I left at 7.
  • It only takes me 20 minutes to get to Bean Around the World on Cornwall when there's no traffic.
  • Biking when there's no traffic (cars or bikes) is great, makes getting up that early worth it.
  • Seeing Dave head up the mountain for the second time made me feel less studly for going up once.
  • I haven't been to the top of Cypress in a long time. It was great.
  • It takes me longer than 15 minutes to get home from the top of Cypress (I may have gone over my prescribed bike time).
  • Descending is FUN, even if I'll never be as fast as Bronwyn.
  • Randomly meeting friends and clubmates along the way is all part of the fun.
  • I've found a new source of post-ride cinamon buns at the Trout Lake Farmers' market.
  • I shouldn't buy more than one sweet thing after my long ride. I won't save the second (or third) item for later, I'll eat it as soon as I'm done the first.
  • My legs hurt.

In non-biking news - tomorrow is our first open water swim - helloooo Sasamat Lake! I've missed ya.

2 comments:

Amy said...

point 3 is why Brian and I start at 7 come idiot season (i.e. mid June on). LOVE LOVE LOVE being on the road before the cars.

Alison said...

"Idiot Season"? Does that mean we're allowed to hunt them? And what's the limit? 2 SUV drivers and 3 moronic no helmet/wearing their iPod cyclists per day. If they're too small do we have to throw them back??

This idea could work.