Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Marathon Spin Session

We still have snow and ice on the roads, making cycling possible only for the very brave or the very stupid. I am not brave (I'll the other to your judgement) so I decided to do my long ride inside on my trainer this past Saturday. Just to clarify, long ride meant 2 and a quarter hours. 2:15:00. That's one hundred and thirty-five minutes. On my trainer. Am I getting any sympathy here???

Lucky for me it was Hockey Day in Canada so there was a decent amount of distraction on TV to keep me going. After watching Ottawa slaughter Montreal I watched the DVD of The Godfather Part II. Interestingly, when someone scored a goal or got gunned down my cadence dropped by 5 to 10 RPM. Not sure if that really means anything.

I did exactly 2:15:00. I was so bored at the end I was staring at my HR monitor watching the seconds ever so slowly count up to my goal. Having stuck it out for an hour I wasn't going to do anything less than 2:15:00 but I sure as heck wasn't going to go a second over either.

The run after spinning was much easier than last week's shocker, my heart rate was still too high but I'm gradually getting my feel back for my pacing, which is a good place to be.

No comments: