Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Playing Hooky

I played hooky last night and it was great!

As previously reported, Louie needed some serious care and attention so I dropped him off at the shop after work. After that I was trying to figure out if it was worth trucking back downtown to the YWCA to do a spin or try out the gym in the rec centre by my house (could I get a stationary bike for an hour and would I really want to?) or if I should just do a hard core pilates and stretch session at home.

Instead, I used my "gimme" for March. At the begining of the year I decided I could have one gimme a month where I was allowed to skip a workout just because. There is no carry over to or borrowing from the next month, use it or lose it, and has nothing to do with justifiable reasons (illness, board meeting, shoe theft & pending hypothermia, hair appointment, etc.).

So, no spin, ride, pilates session or stretching routine. No siree. I called up my good friend Helen to see what her dinner plans were and hung out with her, totally skipping all workouts. I felt like a school kid on a snow day. A Tuesday night and I wasn't working out, I was watching a movie and drinking wine (one glass, very slowly). And I got away with it!

No comments: