Friday, March 30, 2007

Three Mile Time Trial

(Warning, this post contains excessive use of exclamation marks.)

Had a truly, thoroughly fantastic time trial last night. I blew a race PR out of the water in a training session!

The workout: 3 mile/4800m time trial

My Goal: under 25min, hoping for 2min/lap (400m) which would be 24min

My Actual Time: 23:01

My Splits:
Mile 1: 7:41
Mile 2: 7:48
Mile 3: 7:31

Andrew checked my previous times and informed me that my last lap was a 1 mile PR for me. I beat my previous 1 mile time (7:36) despite having run 2 miles prior! Apparently, despite dropping off a bit in the mid-mile, I was at a near perfect pace. I felt smooth and comfortable the whole way and think my form was pretty strong.

A very, very good night!

Bring on race season!!!!

No comments: