Sunday, November 26, 2006

Let It Snow!

It's a snow day! Too bad it's a Sunday and there's nothing to cancel.



After last week's fallout from the rain and wind storms we now have a snow storm to deal with. Some parts of the Lower Mainland received 30cm, keep in mind that 2cm is enough to cause chaos in a city where very few people have a) winter tires, b) experience driving in snow or c) the brains to drive safely under the best conditions. Begin a Sunday, most people could afford to stay off the roads or drive slowly if they had to drive so the roads weren't too bad. We'll see what tomorrow's commute is like!

I went for a run this morning and it was beautiful. It was early enough that it was still cold and wasn't too slushy, more like running through trails with tricky footing than anything else. I've got the gear to stay warm and getting wet doesn't bother me, I just have to deal with snow blowing in my face. Running on a Sunday morning is generally a peaceful experience but the snow today made it quite beautiful.

After the run I had friends over brunch and was surprised most of the invitees made it. It was a nice relaxing day after a stressful week.

No comments: