Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Year in Review

Mary is putting together stats for the club of the races everyone did and how far we raced cumulatively as a club. It was very cool to do, my summary is as follows:

Duathlons:
UBC: 5km run, 20km bike, 5km run
Penticton Bare Bones: 5km run, 32km bike, 5km run

Sprint Tri:
Delta: 700m swim, 20km bike, 5km run

Olympic Tri:
Squamish: 1500m swim, 40km bike, 10km run PR
Kelowna Apple: 1500m swim, 40km bike, 10km run PR

Half Iron:
New Balance (Victoria): 2km swim, 91.8km bike, 20km run

Swim:
Canada Day Challenge: 2km

Run:
Terry Fox Run: 10km
CIBC Run For The Cure: 5km
Richmond Flatlands: 10km
H2H: 9.47 km
Fall Classic: 21.1 km PR

My overall distance raced was:
Swim 7.7km
Bike 243.8
Run 120.57
With a grand total of 372.07!

My lowlight was the Delta triathlon - I don't like sprints or races with pool swims so that combined with pouring raining and vicious winds made for a nasty time.

The highlight was the New Balance Half Iron in Victoria. The race itself was fantastic, I exceeded my expectations throughout and beat my my optimistic estimate for my time by 15 minutes. Having so many friends from the tri club racing with me and their friends and family cheering me on made it even more special. Not sure any other half iron is going to match up with that.

No comments: