Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Where I'm At

Years ago I had a yoga instructor who'd endlessly tell the class, "Where you are is where you're at." At first I took as a new-age zen-wannabe-ism and found it very annoying but eventually I realized what he was talking about and it's something I've tried to take into my training and racing. He meant you should recognize what your limitations are and what you can and can't do, to work within the limitations you're being presented with rather than trying to force yourself to be somewhere you're not. Hmm, not necessarily the clearest explanation, on reflection I think he said it much better!
So, rather than lament that I'm not where I want to be right now I thought I'd take a look at where I've been. I use an online training journal called Fitness Journal which, amongst other functions, tracks mileage run/biked/swum/etc. and has a map function to really put things in perspecitve. A neat way to look at my training.

1 comment:

Penney said...

Hey Alison,

This is very cool. Your km's travelled number is very impressive. It's quite an empowering thing to reflect on how far we've come....

See you soon,
Joanne.