- Warm up - four laps
- 2 X accelerations (100+ m)
- 2 min @ pace, 4 min easy (fourlaps)
- 1 mile time trial (4 laps) - 7:44
- 30/30 - 7 x 30 sec hard and 30 sec easy
- Cool down
- 2:18:00 indoor spin
- 25 min run
- 20 min core/pilates/physio homework
- 12 min stretch
Managed to keep my cadence above 90 for all but the first 10 min warm up, 8 min cool down, and standing sections (aka butt stretches). At least 50% of the time my cadence was over 95 - pretty good!
Decent run - HR still a little high but definitely improving.
Did 5 or 7 stride sprints every 5 minutes. Changed things up and ran West at Hillcrest park, checked out some lazy goalty.
For my strength workout I started with the single leg squats as per Janice. Hard to know if I'm doing them right when I'm not in front of a mirror (walk away from the TV, you know you can do it!).
Then did rotator cuff exercises as per Janet, I think I'm working the right muscles but my shoulder is grinding and hurting most of the time I'm doing it. Not sure if the sore shoulder I have now is from the rotator cuff tendonitis or from muscles tired from weights!
Time Trial Day!
- 200m warm up
- 4 x 50m drill choice
- 50m easy
- 100m time trial - 1:45
- 150m easy
- 400m time trial - 9:45 (?) (NOT happy with this time. However, it should be easy to beat later in the year. Asthma at about 300m and just generally ran out of gas.)
- 100m cool down
Nice day in the Endowments Lands. The fast people disappeared so quickly we didn't have a chance to feel abandoned. My new shoes felt great, although I'm sad they're now dirty and lost the pretty new shoe look!